Moving soon? Need some help? You’ve come to the right place!
Moving can be exhausting but don’t worry that’s why we are here to help. We have prepared a complete list to help you stay organized and prepare for a move.
With the right planning and preparation, you’ll be ready when moving day comes and be able to get in your new home.
Check out our complete guide for moving.
1. Stay Organized
The most important thing in our complete guide for moving is staying organized. Staying organized is crucial if you want to move successfully. There is a lot of scheduling, coordinating and planning that you need to do for a couple of weeks, so here are some tips to stay organized.
- Provide a binder and moving folder– Folders can help you store all of your moving paperwork (moving documents, contracts, receipts) and collect personal documents ( passport, marriage paper, financial account info documents, deeds, and ownership forms, etc.) Don’t forget any financial documents for your new home.
- Create a moving checklist – It doesn’t matter if you are moving for the first time, moving into a house or a flat, moving several times, you still need a checklist. Plan your moving 4-8 weeks. Note down things such as: booking a removal company, canceling the rent on your house/appt., determining a moving budget, etc.
- Compile an inventory– Compile an inventory of your belongings and estimate how much it will cost you to move your stuff. Take everything into account. You can show this list to your removal company.
- Determine a moving budget– The most important thing is to determine your moving budget. Take in mind all of your moving costs, and post-moving costs as well ( new furniture, repairs, etc.) Save all of your moving expenses and put them into your moving folder to protect them from being lost.
2. Make Decisions
When organizing your move, there are a lot of things you need to think about, to make the moving process easier and quicker. Who wouldn’t like to be fully prepared when moving day comes?
When preparing for your move with our complete guide for moving, make a little research and decide whether is better to hire a removal company that also offers packing services. Finding a removal company that can pack all your belongings safely and securely can be of great advantage. Also, make sure you ask about moving insurance and the type of moving boxes they use.
3. Interview Moving Companies
Choosing the right removal company can be a challenging task. So, you need a couple of questions to ask your potential movers. Get a quote before deciding who to choose. If you are still unsure, what kind of questions to ask your local movers, follow this complete guide for moving.
- Company’s history and licensing
- Company’s professional rules
- Company’s services
4. Prepare Your Old Home before you Move
You have signed the contract, you have packed your belongings, you hired a removal company to move them for you… but there is still something you should not forget. Give prior notice to your landlord 30-60 days before you move out. Clean your old home and defrost and drain your freezer. Check if you have missed something, including your garage and attic.
5. Prepare Your New Home when you Move
Once you arrive, make sure to check your new home before putting in all the items. It’s much easier to fix your place while it isn’t full of stuff. Clean and paint the walls, protect your personal belongings with insurance and get a warranty for your appliances.
Shop for new items, new furniture and invest in a new mattress. Get new hardwood, buy new curtains and pick any other essentials such as dish soap, paper towels, etc.
Now that you know how to prepare for a move with our complete guide for moving, start planning! Follow this guide to stay on track and move in no time.
Call our team today and request a free quote!